Wednesday, July 30, 2008

'Pamela' Deserves To Hang In A Museum, Or- Another Hair-Brained Scheme From Five World Dice Headquarters

Yes, I have decided that before Pamela leaves Houston and myself forever she should have the opportunity to be represented among the collection of a major Houston art museum, my first choice of course being the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. In my quest to make that happen I have began a letter writing campaign to not just the Fine Arts Museum, but nine different museums in the Houston area.

Ah, For A Moment There You Thought I Was Kidding, Didn't You
I have all the information listed on the website- a copy of the first letter to MFAH, and the names of the other eight institutions, along with MFAH addresses and e-mail addresses for those of you who would like to join in the effort to offer all of Houston the chance to enjoy this unique work of art.

The Letter That Started A Movement

So do I really think they might display my lovely Pamela? I get the impression that a lot of the museums are a bit staid, even bureaucratic, like a government, and of course artists always have more opportunity if they are male and dead, but we'll let Kathy slide on these two points. But who knows, some forward thinking curator at a more cutting edge venue may get wind of the Five Red Dice Project and invite us in.

Museum Of Fine Arts Houston
1001 Bissonnet
Houston, TX 77005
713-639-7300
visitorservices@mfah.org

So it might be funny if letters and phone calls came in insisting that there was to be an exhibition of Kathy Jo Braceland's 'Pamela', and when was it scheduled and how much are tickets? Go for it, world!
A few more interesting offers came in including a collection of chemistry glassware from some science experiment that just didn't work out. Still waiting on the actual photo of this and...

A strange sculpture of a bell pepper turning into a chili pepper. When I said well, let me think on that one I was offered....

A dozen rolls of toilet paper. This mind reader instinctively knew the house was devoid of this product, sensed the angry urgency of the teenager in the house! But no, fear not Five Red Dicers, I held steady under the pressure and will not trade Pamela for toilet paper, no matter the amount. It's the principle!
Please do not fail to cast your vote in the poll on the right sidebar, only a few days left!

Alan Mizell
Houston, TX USA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inthese times it is very refreshing to see that SOMEONE has a sense
of humor i hope this adventure turns out with more than you could ever hope for
Terrie

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !