Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Late Night Offer To Trade For 1960 Sophia Loren Playboy

Offers that come in at 3 A.M. are usually the most fascinating and hard to pin down, and this one lives up to that... Jeanne sent in a trade offer for a 1960 Playboy featuring a cartoon of Sophia Loren on the cover, 5 pages of photos of Loren, art by Leroy Neiman and Shel Silverstein. I LOVE Shel, he's incredible. Stories by Ray Bradbury, articles on Miles Davis, a letter from Paddy Chayefsky. Pretty cool, this is like a microcosm of the world just before I was born.

The really puzzling part though is that I know the person offering the trade, and for her to offer a Playboy magazine seems as likely as me having "The Greatest Hits Of Mel Tillis" to offer. Unlikely!

Ah, well, all offers are considered, so after some furious back and forth e-mails today i will clarify exactly how this magazine came into her grasp.

Please notice that I have a new poll out to the right in the sidebar. Only 7 of the United States have yet to visit Five Red Dice, so what is your opinion? Which state is the most behind the eight ball and will visit us LAST? Should be fun.

At the website you can now click on the globe in the heading and see an update on the number of visitors, page views, states and countries that have visited. It's the most accurate information from Google Analytics and should be interesting to follow.

Alan Mizell
Houston, TX USA

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't know what I could offer that would be finer than these wonders you've shown, I'll have to think about that. I do however think this a fun, and (arty farty) social expierment so that make sit cool in my book. I'm adding you to my blog roll so that I can keep up easier with you. BTW, I'm in KY, the heart of the Bluegrass state. :)

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !