Thursday, June 19, 2008

Five Red Dice Gets First Offer To Trade!

Yes friends, it is with great pomp and circumstance that I announce to the world that my social experiment has received it's first offer to trade. I just sat down and reviewed the mail and the following offer was extended from up the road in Austin....


I have an unused cassette tape that I might be willing to part-exchange for your dice.

I'd accept the dice, plus six cents.

I live in Austin, so I'll have to take a day off to come and see the dice first, before deciding

Jack

I quickly shot out the following response to Jack...

Jack,

And they all laughed when I sat down at the computer to blog! You drive a tough bargain with the hard-nosed demand for the extra six cents! But you also have the glamour and style to be the first trader to realize the beauty of this idea. I would get an unused cassette tape and you my friend would receive SIX shiny new pennies- and I would make sure they were shiny new pennies.
Jack, you managed to be the pioneering trader I have searched for with http://www.fivereddice.blogspot.com/ You are an early adopter, on the cutting edge of the future, and that's saying a lot for Austin, a city full of fine minds.
Your offer is at the fore in my consideration, and I will mull it over. In the interests of fun for the rest of the SLOWER traders I might run a little poll with various offers to see which tops the list- then just as likely go against convention and choose some other item.
Tonight, Jack, I am going to post this conversation on the blog as a small piece of history, and ask you to do two things if possible. Try to leave a comment of some type on the blog, and let your everyone you know onto the secret of the blog...
http://www.fivereddice.blogspot.com/
Alan Mizell
Houston, TX

It is, of course, tempting to take the very first offer that comes across the transom, and Jack does have my respect for being the cutting-edge of trading. This offer will be hard to beat. Think about it. They no longer make cassette tapes so there is no way to go but up as this item must sooner, or later, much later, become a valuable collectible!

Alan

No comments:

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !