Monday, July 28, 2008

My Night In The Nudist Colony!

The e-mail bag brimmeth over with unique and interesting offers today, the first of which comes from Denise of Eastpointe, Michigan. Sounds like a fancy place, they spent extra for the silent 'E' at the end of the town's name. Denise surely is a master of presentation and sent the tantalizing photo below.

Killer

Denise teased that she came up with the trades with the help of her dogs and cats, and the "Mystery Bag" might contain something for me, my dog, "or possibly the best trade you will ever receive". Wow!

It's hard for me here as I could make a trade and then she reveals to me that the bag contains something that is definitely not my best trade ever. Well, after a quick e-mail explaining how that might cut my project off at the knees, and alluding to her as being the evil embodiment of Monty Hall of Let's Make A Deal (young folks, go Google), she e-mailed me back with a masterstroke of promotion. She said that tomorrow she "will reveal another clue" as to the size and value of the item, and hinted again that "it may be too good to pass this one up".

There's a woman after my heart, she has my attention and it should be fun to watch this one play out over the next few days. Hopefully there is something I cannot resist and we can move our project along. Until then check out Denise's eBay store at Melodies and Memories Music Outlet.

Another totally cool and interesting offer came from Edy in Alvord, Texas. I had mailed a hopefully funny letter to the Bluebonnet Nudist Park asking if I would be safe from hunters as I claimed to be covered in hair like Sasquatch. Edy sent a welcoming letter and a FREE! T-Shirt! (Maybe to cover the hair?) You can check out the letter, reply and T-shirt at OomBa Mail, my funny mail site.



Edy kindly offered a night at the park for me and a companion if I were to 'accidentally' leave Pamela in the room. I'm not sure if Pamela would totally fit into the decor as she is ALWAYS clad in her red Baywatch special bathing suit. Possibly she longs to remove it and run free on the beach, but it seems rather permanent. Perhaps Kathy Jo Braceland could be commissioned to produce a Pamela Skeleton sans suit!


Bluebonnet Nudist Park Cabin

Probably the cartoon below sums up how my entire mini-nudist-vacation would go. Yep, I am pretty white.

Atlanta, Georgia was home to the next offer from Mary, and it was a stuffed e. Coli doll. How charming and heart-warming, I so should have gotten this for my child. However, Mary could not possibly have known that while e. Coli is a sweetie...

I am more of an Ebola Virus kind of guy! What can I say, something about that twisted little frame makes me happy, though I bet Ebola is a mean Twister competitor!

Last but not least Tracie of Houston offered not one, not two, not three, but four TURTLES! I am making some rules up as they come to me but I will state right here that I would almost certainly not trade for anything that eats. There may only be four things that eat that would be on my list of desirable objects...

1. Possibly a snake, yes, I love snakes.
2. Bigfoot
2. A Stepford wife
4 The real Pamela Anderson!


Tracie countered with organic bananas, but there we have the problem of a trader with the patience to wait and wait and wait for the perfect trade, and a product with a limited shelf life. I LOVE bananas and yet my kitchen counter sometimes becomes a fruit fly honeymoon suite because I forget they are there. So Tracie- Yes, I'll Have No Bananas, but that's cool. Tracie hints more offers are in the wings, soon to be revealed.

Please tune in tomorrow, if I get more hints on the mystery bag I will definitely post them, and click on comments to read the actual e-mails on some of these offers.

Alan Mizell

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am offering this bag filled with... That would be the interest in this trade that you can not pass up.

My dogs, cat and I were sitting one afternoon and enjoying your web site and we thought of this idea.

The items inside could be something for your dog, you, or possibly the best trade you will ever receive.

I look forward to your response on this very unique item. Or maybe items??????

Thank you,

Denise
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Alan said...

Oooohhhh, why do you do this to me you evil reincarnation of Monty Hall! That is so beautifully packaged and photographed, and I love Killer, hmmm. Your next e-mail hints that your life is full of neat things, but...
No Alan, no but! But... in the interest of continuing the trading it is hard for me to accept the 'mystery prize'. Very hard to resist, only slightly easier to logically think, I sure have found out one person's treasure is another's trash and vice-versa, and value is relative, making it hard to predict what will trade well later. Even when I know what I am getting.
Ah, well, you are n the FREE T-Shirt drawing contest!
The Old Spoil Sport,
Alan Mizell

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow I will give you another clue to the size of this item maybe value. It may be too good to pass this one up...
Tomorrow will come quickly,
Denise

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Pamela and you the "hairy sasquatch" and
another woman if you like, might like to get that mini-vacation you so deserve.I
would trade one night in our beautifully furnished bungalow,at Bluebonnet the
premier clothing optional resort in North Texas.Then when you leave, you could
forget to pack up Pamela,thus
saving shipping charges.I think thats a pretty good offer and remember I
already gave you a shirt. Thanks,Edy.

Anonymous said...

2 hungry palm sized red ear slider turtles
1 lazy yet shy mud turtle
1 hungry stunted growth red ear slider turtle

Alan said...

Eeeek! Yikes! No! Nothing that eats! My dog and 17 year old daughter are enough responsibility. But I would like to see them if you have a pic. Alan

Anonymous said...

Shucks let me take a photo of something else to trade. How about a bunch of organic bananas?

Alan said...

Tracie,
Love the offers and no I am not putting you in particular off, but turtles eat and bananas have less of a life span than my trading patience demands, lol!
Keep trying, something's bound to stick!
Alan Mizell

Anonymous said...

Lol! Ok I will be sending you a few photos tonight for you to choose which one is worthy to compete with Pamela….

Anonymous said...

will trade stuffed e. coli doll for Pam.

Anonymous said...

How about some other art?

Anonymous said...

Ok I want to trade a 12 pack of tp with reading literature for pam’s steamy hot mess

Alan said...

Ick, you're thought process seems to be devolving a bit. Although I am totally out of TP in the house right now, mind reader, the only thing harder to trade next than 12 rolls of toilet paper would be 11 and 1/2 rolls!
Alan

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !