Monday, June 23, 2008

Kathy Jo Braceland Makes Awesome Trade Offer

Today I received a great e-mail from an amazing lady, artist and cartoonist Kathy Jo Braceland, a Canadian expatriate making her home in Los Angleles. She creates vibrant and interesting works of art, and has a little dog, Benny G, who has the most soulful eyes- hope she doesn't trade those 'soul'ful eyes away. Kathy has made an offer to trade that is really cool. In her own words...

I, Kathy Jo Braceland, being somewhat of sound mind, body and soul, do offer a trade for your Five Red Dice. It is an offer...dare I say it...that you can't refuse. Because I make my living as an artist and cartoonist, I figured I would trade one of my most valuable skeleton art pieces. Yes, you too could own an original work of art by Kathy Jo Braceland. I know you can't believe your good luck but it's true. Being Canadian myself, this one is particularly close to my heart as it is of another famous Canadian...one of none other than, Ms. Pamela Anderson. I have attached a jpeg of said artwork, along with a few photo's of myself, myself and my sister (I'm on the left, Sherry is on the right...it's hard to tell us apart)...and my dog. I know once you look into my dogs eyes...you will feel helpless to explore any other trade offers.

That's cool. I agree with the bold idea that it's an offer that will be hard to refuse. And she's also right about Benny G's eyes. The art. Pamela Anderson as a skeleton. The dog's eyes. I feel helpless. For a great slideshow with pictures of Kathy, her sister Sherry, Benny G, and Kathy's artwork, click on the "Kathy Jo Braceland Slide Show" link under my 'Cool Links' in the right sidebar. Also, be sure to visit Kathy's website to view some more of her amazing art. http://www.k-jostudio.com/This is the artwork, Pamela Anderson as a skeleton. Go to the slide show for a larger view. Is there some hidden subtext to the art- that we all going to be skeletons in time, even the rich and famous? Or perhaps a commentary on celebrity culture and consumerism? What do you think?

Thank you Kathy, now let's keep those offers rolling in and the game afoot, or whatever it is those fancy English detectives say.

Alan Mizell

Houston, TX USA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one is awesome. Cannot wait for Lisa to see it. She really seems to be enjoying your little trading game.

Alan said...

Yes, nice art. What's hilarious is thaat AFTER I updated the poll with the artwork someone voted for the unused cassette tape! Surely they cannot be serious.

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !