Friday, August 1, 2008

Five Red Dice Friend Carolyn Adams Invites Us All To Museum Of Printing History, Houston, Texas, And Another Ugly E-Mail For Laughs

Carolyn Adams, one of our friends here at Five Red Dice, has entered some work in an exhibit at The Museum of Printing History in Houston, TX. She would not be sure if it were actually in the show until last night, so I am still waiting to see. Looks like this and the other exhibits are quite interesting, and the self-guided tours Tuesday thru Saturday are FREE! Carolyn's exhibit is entitled 'Unabridged Editions' so go check it out.

'Unabridged Editions'


Love the logo and motto for the museum above, very nicely done, but would we expect less from a museum of printing?


In the amusing and possibly unbalanced section I offer this amusing series of e-mails for your enjoyment...


From Steve..."ill give u a lifesize cardboard cut out of beatle juice (the drunk black midget from howard stern, not micheal keaton)"


"Beetlejuice"


My reply... "I got all excited about BeetleJuice, being the President of the local chapter of the Michael Keaton Fan Club, International. Imagine my disappointment when it was some other BeetleJuice. Do you have a photo of it?"
Steve's next well thought out reply... "whats ur deal dude. this is super gay. stop emailing me. no one cares"
My hopefully witty but possibly stupid reply... "my deal is i thought since you 'super gay' steve e-mailed me with a 'super gay' alcoholic black man cardboard cut-out offer, which was 'super gay', you would want 'super gay' updates. but apparently you are a failure at being 'super gay' and are only regular size gay, so i will remove you from the super gay mailing list and return you to the regular world of normal gay.
I will also resume normal punctuation and capitalization now."
Cheerio,
Alan Mizell
OK, lots of visitors, a few e-mails, but not many offers this week. A slow week leaves me time to get bored. What can I say?
Alan Mizell

1 comment:

girlonarock said...

yep, def a good reply, i would have gone one further and actually written a poem/rhyme about this!

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !