Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mail. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Once you begin a project as this, every day when opening the e-mail it is like Christmas. You might have a shiny new bike, or Aunt Edna may have given you wool socks. Or year old fruitcake. Speaking of...

I had mentioned I liked Howie Mandel when he still blew up rubber gloves on his head. I got the puzzling e-mail back stating...

I LOVE HOWIE BEFORE TO.AND THE LITTLE BLUE FUZZY THING...

Later the same person, after not explining the "little blue fuzzy thing" sent this comment...

I AM ALSO INTERSTED IN SPIDERS WITH LOTS OF MONEY.

When I asked what that meant...

I FIGURED YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND...

Interesting. Another doozie came in the mail just today.

I looked at your site and I think it is a waste of my time......
Lisa W


Ah, don't let it get you down, as I read it and I am amused. If you think I should be a little disappointed, you might like my 'generic' reply to Lisa W. ...


Thank you for your input. We value your opinions and suggestions and appreciate the time you took from your busy schedule to share your voice with us here at Five Red Dice.
We hope you will find the time to help us pursue our goal and promote the website to your friends and family.
Per your request we will add you to our daily Five Red Dice update e-mails list.
Alan Mizell
This auto-generated reply cannot accept answers. Thank you.


Well, I thought it was worth a snicker. Then there are the interesting, intelligent replies as this one from X-8, a fascinating artist. He leaves me hoping for a reply, for participation, even though I don't want this to just be an 'art' trade, I am getting and enjoying the diverse offers. X-8 writes...

Hi Alan-
Thanks for bumping into me.
Interesting proposition.
I've heard of this kind of stuff where the instigator finally gets a house and an invitation to the White House or something,I'll check out your site and decide if this is something that might benefit the both of us.
Thanks.x

You should really visit X-8's website for some incredible and unique visions! And the 'leave you feeling it's worth it' award goes to Mary. She has been having monitor issues and finally caught up with this...

Alan,

Please know that I LOVE your sense of humor and thoroughly enjoy the sound of society lapping up your brand of Seinfeld. I and those around me are in this for the JOY it brings to our hearts as we tune out News Broadcasters and their tales of who killed who and why we should be outraged at something else. We happily CHOOSE to tune into Five Red Dice - and how life would be so nice, if we simply let it!

Thank you for what you bring to the table.

You Are Loved. All Is Well.

Mary


So there you have a slice of the interesting potpourri of responses I get from the project, and I love them all. Really, I do, I love the good, the bad, and the ugly, so keep them coming.

Alan Mizell
Houston, Texas USA

No comments:

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !