Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Art, Art, Art! I Love Art. I Want A Bicycle Built For Two!

Kirsten Baldwin of Houston has e-mailed in an offer for some artwork. I will let her tell you more about it, but everyone including Kirsten knows I want to take the project in a different direction than art- unless you have Leonardo's secret second Mona Lisa or something! You can tell by a quick examination that this particular piece of art is "EXCELLENT".


Excellent Art

In Kirstens words...

"Good Morning.
I stumbled upon your website on Craigslist (I am a Craigslist junkie). Very interesting. So I thought I would join in the fun. I am offering for trade - although I see from your comments that you do not necessarliy want art for art, I'm giving it a shot anyway - an original piece from 1970 - crayola and pencil on Manila paper - titled: "Excellent". I believe this particular piece was finished in Houston at the "Little Red School House" in Westbury Square, most probably in Mrs. Triebus' kindergarten class. I'm sure it's worth millions. I'm sure it's at least worth Park Place or Boardwalk, or the green ones.
Thank you for your consideration, Kirstin"

That's really cool, but a different direction I must go. Besides, taking someones irreplaceable childhood art seems a little... sad. Unless it's a clever forgery. Kirsten? In the meantime check out Kirsten's artwork at her website BaldwinInk.com

No comments:

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !