Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pamela Anderson Skeleton, Would I Trade For A Canoe, A Honda Generator, Great White Shark Jaws, A Go-Cart, Or A Hummer Limo Ride? Definitely Maybe!

So here I sit, sent home early from work due to Tropical Storm Eduardo and his water- Thanks Eddy! Thought I might pass along some thoughts on the trading process and my mindset as friends sometimes point out that my mind operates a little outside the norm.
Pamela is so very ready to move on from me and my slovenly, bachelor ways, but as of yet no particular trade has made me say yes, which is OK, because I am having loads of fun and meeting lots of neat people.
Pamela Anderson As Skeleton by Kathy Jo Braceland
I do know from the many trades that have come in that it will probably be a single item, not a collection of varied items that catch my eye. Also, it doesn't really have to be an "item", I have been and still am tempted by the offer of a bus ride n Houston, Texas for 30 people to any Houston area location. That might trade well, so be creative with your trade offers, who knows what might win the Pamela- not I at this moment.
Also, while it is not about money, and vague cash offers come in quite a bit, it is about hoping to 'trade-up' so it is unlikely I will trade for a ten dollar doll or something not very likely to move the project upward. It would be an insult to Pamela and Kathy to do so!
Bus Rice To Anywhere Or Nowhere
I was also tempted to just a bit for the old Playboy magazine, but probably want to keep it more family oriented, though it was a local offer and I saw the magazine. There is more skin in a modern People magazine!

Sophia Loren, 1960's Angelina Jolie?

I would also hope that the person that I trade with be 'into it', it is really about people and communication. There was a vibe from Kathy from the first e-mail, and a great sense of humor and ironic fun, so even if her offer wasn't as cool as ever, I would have been intrigued by her.

One recent intriguing offer was the "Mystery Bag" with 'Killer' on the bag. She offered it from Eastpointe, Michigan, and hinted it might be for me or Trixi, my dog. (See profile for Trixi) She said it had to be the best possible trade I could ever make! Wow, it's filled to the brim with thousand dollar bills?!?! And she also promised additional daily hints as to the contents, then disappeared on vacation. I will soon begin to e-mail her for more info and keep you informed!

Killer And Mystery Bag
So, what would Alan trade for? People ask. I don't really know but if any of these awesome things came in over the e-mail I would be interested and would probably trade.

A Canoe

A Ride In A Hot Air Balloon

I know there are a lot of balloonists with small companies out there. I just think this might be cool, I don't know, and it probably would trade up nicely. What do you all think?



A Honda Generator

Mechanical things should be working as my mechanical skills- zero- are only matched by my collection of tools- zero!


A Bicycle Built For Two




A Giant Set Of Great White Shark Jaws


My Daughter has, let us say, a 'slight' fear of sharks. Evil Dad thinks this might make a most unique headboard on her bed! Just kidding. No really.

A Go-Cart (Mechanical Abilities, Don't Forget!)


A Stuffed Black Crow

Don't ask, I just think they are cool, even if you think I am creepy or something. A raven would be nice too, just none of those two-tome pied crows please!




Time In A Hummer Limo


I see these around a lot and I am sure some owner would like Pamela and the publicity being on the blog would bring.

Well, if you stuck with me all through the photos, thanks, and don't forget, tomorrow night I will run the drawing for the FREE Five Red Dice T-Shirt Contest Winner. Good luck and see you then!

Alan Mizell
Houston, TX USA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the painting is sweet and I would offer a trade, but I
don't have anything worthwhile to trade.

A Boy And His Dog

A Boy And His Dog
No, I will not trade Trixi ! ! !